Open Education Week activities
Next week March 5-10 is the first annual Open Education Week!
Open Education Week is a global event that seeks to raise awareness about the benefits of free and open sharing in education, especially Open Educational Resources (OER). OER are materials, tools, and media used for teaching and learning that are licensed for anyone to use, modify, and redistribute.
The event will take place online and in different locations around the world, with opportunities to participate in webinars, discussions and live events. Participation is free and open to all. Visit www.openeducationweek.org for more information.
How can you participate?
- Participate in a webinar. Here’s a schedule of them. (Times are GMT.) Here are two I’m participating in:
- OER in K-12 education – Thurs. March 8, 9am central time
- P2PU – Peer Learning Fueled by Open Content – Thurs. March 8, 2pm central time
- Use some of the great OER for K-12.
- Open license some of your own content.
- Tell someone else about OER. Tweet, post, and spread the word!
Also, if you’ll be at SXSWedu, come to one of my sessions there about OER. I’ll have some great Open Ed week t-shirts to give away there as well
Sharing is good!