I’ve been “tagged” by Tony Vincent to share five things about myself that most people wouldn’t know about me. (This is a sort of a bloggers game that is going around.) Here goes:
1. I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 12 years old. (A very strange thing to do in Ohio back then. I read “Charlotte’s Web” one summer, and that was it.)
2. One of my favorite childhood memories is going to Cincinnati Reds baseball games with my dad. We went on week nights, and the games often went very late, but we always stayed to the very end.
3. I taught school for two years in Africa. It was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life. I expect that at some point, I will go live overseas again. (If you’re looking for a way to shake up your life, I highly recommend it.)
4. In younger days, I have parasailed, gone hang gliding, and jumped out of a plane. (See, I’m more fun that I seem. Or at least I used to be…)
5. I have climbed to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro. It was unbelievably hard.