You’ve heard of MOOCS. But have you participated in one? There’s no better way to learn about MOOCs that to take part, and here’s a fun, low-stress way to do it.
Making Learning Connected (#clmooc) is a MOOC, but in the best sense of cMOOCs — in fact, we’re considering it a massive open online collaboration.
Here are some details:
- It will run from June 14-Aug. 4 (6 weeks).
- It’s free and open, and anyone is encouraged to participate.
- It will focus on connected learning and making stuff.
- It’s being put together and sponsored by the National Writing Project and the Educator Innovator initiative.
- Participation is very flexible and will accommodate a variety of learning styles and inclinations. We hope everyone will make this collaboration theirs.
- You can sign up here.
We are also looking for a few groups around the country who might want to put together face-to-face cohorts to meet weekly while the MOOC is going on. We hope to learn something about how this affects participation in online spaces. If you are interested in this, drop me an email for more info.
We hope you’ll join us for the summer of making MOOC and help make it massive, in every sense of the word!