Here are some of my big take-aways from NECC this year:
– There are a lot of new things going on, and they’re inspiring a lot of energy. (And I haven’t always felt this way at past conferences.)
– Web 2.0 is the being used by a lot of people in some very creative ways.
– Intelligent tagging is critical to making net-based content usable.
– Open Source, Creative Commons, and other “copyleft” licenses are catching on.
– Information literacy is an increasingly critical skill that should be a core part of school’s instructional mission.
– The goals, methods, and tools of education need to change to reflect the changing world.
– Change is happening fast and getting faster.
See you all next year in San Antonio!